About Me

My photo
I am a 34 year old wife and mother of 2. We also have a 7 year old golden retriever/border collie mix named George, 1 frog named Fred and 2 bunny rabbits a male named Bugs Bunny and a female named Girlie. Excitingly enough on December 6, 2011 in the a.m. to my pleasant surprise I arrived home to find 5 brand new baby bunnies not even a few hours old in all their glory. So currently we have a total of 7 bunnies but we are currently looking to find them great homes for the 2012 new year. We are a family of animal lovers. I was born in the U.S. but now I live in Canada. I am the eldest of 4 siblings whom I love dearly and are oh so fun and complicated in there own ways. My wonderful Father is Canadian and my fantastic Mother is Peruvian and if you think Gloria from the hit t.v. show Modern Family is hilarious you should spend some time with my Mom. My childhood was very good and filled lots of love, fun and laughter. Every moment in my everyday is about my Family. Family is what is most important in my life. I need a little reminding every once in a while as I am sure we all do but at the end of the day...family is where it's at.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Friendship and It's Wonderful Moments Is A Great Example Of IL Dolce Far Niente!

I guess I feel inspired to write today. I apologize if two blogs in one day from the same writer is a little overwhelming but I am sure the creative juices will soon start to slow down. I just want to take a minute to say a few words about what I have learned about true friendship only this late in life.
I may only have a handful of beautiful women in my life but I am so grateful that I do. Like family we sometimes take our friends for granted and yes we get on eachothers nerves and fight but like sisters we talk it through go to Starbucks and hug it all out. My sister and I used to pull eachothers hair and throw purses at eachother but that was years ago. Life has it's dark moments and like family we turn to those true friends for a kind word, strength, love and support. I would not be where I am today if it was not for a couple of special ladies in my life and you know who you are. It's funny like family we may not talk everyday, we may not see eachother everyday and I do miss them when they are not around but when we do get together we have a blast. Not only that but like family when the going gets tough they are always there for me... NO MATTER WHAT! I love these ladies like sisters, a sister is family so eventhough they may not be blood they are a part of me and my family and I love them very much. I will take the Dolce Far Neinte moments with my girlfriends whenever I can and yes, we just talk, laugh and cry and enjoy the sweetness of doing nothing and just being together wherever we may be. I love you ladies very much and I look forward to many more years of Il Dolce Far Niente with you.

1 comment: