About Me

My photo
I am a 34 year old wife and mother of 2. We also have a 7 year old golden retriever/border collie mix named George, 1 frog named Fred and 2 bunny rabbits a male named Bugs Bunny and a female named Girlie. Excitingly enough on December 6, 2011 in the a.m. to my pleasant surprise I arrived home to find 5 brand new baby bunnies not even a few hours old in all their glory. So currently we have a total of 7 bunnies but we are currently looking to find them great homes for the 2012 new year. We are a family of animal lovers. I was born in the U.S. but now I live in Canada. I am the eldest of 4 siblings whom I love dearly and are oh so fun and complicated in there own ways. My wonderful Father is Canadian and my fantastic Mother is Peruvian and if you think Gloria from the hit t.v. show Modern Family is hilarious you should spend some time with my Mom. My childhood was very good and filled lots of love, fun and laughter. Every moment in my everyday is about my Family. Family is what is most important in my life. I need a little reminding every once in a while as I am sure we all do but at the end of the day...family is where it's at.

Monday, November 29, 2010

And here I thought I was going to have nothing to "blog" about!

So as I am going to bed late last night, I was restless thinking about what I might "blog" about today. Does this make me an official blogger? Will people follow me?  When will I find the time to ever blog again as it is virtually impossible to do it during the day and my nights are usually dedicated to dinner, baths, reading, laundry, sweeping, and some adult time with my husband. Of course I have tons to discuss but when is the right time, how much of yourself do you give as I tend to give way too much etc. but I was comforted with the thought that my material would probably present itself in the most unassuming way.
So my day was going pretty smoothly and routined, this is code for boring for any potential readers. My Baby suffers with constipation and her lax-a-day had really kicked in so as you can imagine the past 24 hours have been interesting. It feels like I have changed about 31 diapers in a 24 hour period. Besides a little poo-poo problem the house is pretty quiet as my 5 year old was off to senior kindergarten for the afternoon. I stopped and thought WOW I am actually enjoying a little Dolce Far Niente with my 19 month old as she napped her cute little heart away. Laying there I thought, "who am I to complain about never getting in any dolce far niente" and with no heads up at all my afternoon was permanently changed. It was 30 minutes into my Baby Girls nap and she started coughing. Now she has had a bad cough/cold for about a week now and was fairly congested but she had no fever and was getting much better. And like a volcanic eruption she barfed everywhere and not just any barf it was the barf up after a nice big bottle of milk before nap time. So I go into Navy Seals mode and quickly undress her, get the bath going, get her changed and comfortable again. As she is playing in her room I am now in my room cleaning up the aftermath of the volcanic barf eruption all over my bed. And all I can think about in my head is, noooooo...not the bed". Oh and lets not forget the beautiful fragrance that comes with a volcanic barf eruption. So it is now 2:30 p.m. the washing machines are working overtime...AGAIN, my bedroom is airing out and drying before I put clean sheets back on it and I took a minute to blog while my Baby Girl happily plays next to me. Well as long as she is happy that is my little piece of dolce far niente for now. Have a great rest of your day world!

5 comments:

  1. Barf-a-geddon is brutal. I'm sure you handled it in your typical efficient-Mommy fashion. Hope it was an isolated incident related to her cough/cold and your little Princess doesn't have a stomach bug.

    Looking forward to reading more entries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I <3 Your blog. It's honest but very comical in the way you present it. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mingers, I love yours too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes there just isn't anything to write about, THOSE are the days I celebrate. Writing is therapy, and someone out there knows where you've been and where you are headed my dearie. Sorry bout the barf explosion, those suck, but brightside...fresh clean sheets? LOL

    XOXO my jivin' on the fresh track friend, Laura

    ReplyDelete